13 June 2012

Thanos - UPDATE

For the sake of clarity in the forthcoming posts, the 4-piece casting is comprised of the following:
  • head/spauldler
  • torso w/ right arm (complete) and left arm
  • Infinity Gauntlet (i.e., left forearm)
  • pelvic girdle/legs
As I mentioned in my introductory review, the figure is stripped, disassembled, and any remaining paint removed--in short, it is ready for prepping.

I began by fine tuning as best I could the waist join: torso to legs. It is barely adequate, so I shimmed the waist-edge of the torso with some MS, and carefully joined the two pieces--it is now curing in the oven. Once cured, I will finish the MS shim so that the join will be seamless. I also rebuilt the left distal forearm stump and fitted the Infinity Gauntlet.

Finally, I took the opportunity to fill in some of the more glaring "dings" (the one disadvantage of a primarily lead figure), as well as redetailing some of the features of the costume.

More to follow. . .

FOLLOW-UP . . . The shim and stump have been all-but finished: there is still a little bit of tweaking to be done on the join of the IG to the forearm; but the waist shim is just about there.

No comments:

Post a Comment