16 July 2012

Black Lantern Batman

In 2011, DC Direct launched a series of "mini"-busts featuring a character from their epic arc, Blackest Night. Their first June release featured the resurrected Black Lantern Batman, based on the art of Ivan Reis, and sculpted by Jean St. Jean.

I received issue 643/3500, and it is flawless! In fact, the only visible shortcomings were the apparent joins at the deltoids of each arm and where the cowl/head attaches to the cape. Though I was sorely tempted to make room for it in the showcase, my other plans make the above minor "gigs" inconsequential.

Yes, I do like the "undead" Dark Knights. I picked up another of the Kelley Jones' Crimson Mist Vampire Bat(man) busts at the show this year, and this will complement that piece quite nicely. First thing though is to separate the bust from its thematic--and very nice!--display base. I really do wish it could be used, but it just wouldn't "work". Once the bust is removed from the base, I will proceed with stripping and disassembling the figure.

More to follow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment