10 November 2012

Gobsmacked in Gotham?

A friend and colleague contacted me yesterday wanting the low-down on KM' Bane. I told him that I, least of anybody, would sugarcoat a KM review; and that, IMHO, it was one of their best offerings of late, if not ever. I also underscored the unfortunate reality of low # vs. high # releases (I received #23), and that production qc is at best an afterthought. . .

And then he dropped "the bomb": he also wanted to let me know that trying to access the figure's page on the KM site using the link I provided in my review led to this "error" message: Product is no longer available. I immediately made my way to the KM site, and sure enough, if you click on the TDKR link in the sidebar, it comes up empty! If you use my link, you receive the same "error" message he did.

So what is going on here??? Did KM "lose" their TDKR license? Did some of the other licensees raise a hue and cry over conflicts of interest? Did they "trade" it for rights to Arkham City? Or is it simply that this portion of the website is getting re-worked in anticipation of new releases?

I have a feeling answer lies somewhere with the first three. And if it does, then that means that Bane and Batman will soon join their colleagues in a galaxy far, far away. . . the galaxy of oblivion! So if you're interested in acquiring either of TDKR offerings, act quickly!

FOLLOW-UP - 25.11.2012. . .  False alarm! . . . Much ado about nothing!! TDKR page is up again as if nothing had ever happened. That still leaves the question as to why the "technical glitch" was overlooked for a fortnight, but I guess we must keep in mind whom we are talking about here. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment