06 January 2013

Catwoman and 'Pod (1b)

I heard back from Moebius Friday afternoon. . .

"Unfortunately the dimples you see are from the molding process, if I sent you a new set they would look exactly the same. We try our best to put out a perfect product but due to the complexity of our tooling and manufacturing processes, sometimes these things occur and sadly we cannot always correct the issue in time. I will forward this email to our designers to see if there is something that can be done to correct this with future runs. Sorry for the inconvenience."

While this raises any number of questions, etc., I responded that evening and hopefully will hear back from them sometime tomorrow.

In the meantime, I have permanently attached the knee-rest subassembly, and tentatively fitted Selina to the 'pod. I also began reworking the neck join on Selina so that the head is a complete stand-alone piece: OOB, half her neck was part of the head, with the bottom half attached to the torso. . . not the best engineering to effect a seamless neck-join! Needless to say, the position- ing of the head can/will now be optimized to give the figure a more natural, dynamic look.

As soon as I hear from Moebius, I will post their response--and my decision whether to continue with the 1/18th 'pod; or scrap it and convert Selina into a stand-alone (literally!) 90mm figure.

More to follow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment