08 January 2013

Catwoman and 'Pod (1c) - KUDOS to Moebius!!!

I heard back from Moebius yesterday, as expected, and accepting the given (. . . "if I sent you a new set they would look exactly the same. . . "), however reluctantly, I am delighted with their response and evinced concern for the customer: to paraphrase, they are going to open kits to find the best tire with a non-distorted bead.  

Obviously, the questions remain: Why wasn't this noticed in the test shots? (Was it evident in the test shots?) Why wasn't this addressed sooner?? If the tires were too large to adequately cast in polyvinyl, why weren't they cast as a unit with the wheels in resin??? Etc. . . .

Be that as it may, in anticipation of the receipt of a usable tire, I have begun reworking the boots. To date, I have pegged the lower legs (paper-clip wire), bisected the lower left leg at the ankle, and repositioned the foot. Next will come the stiletto and the platform. . . Once I get one boot more or less done, I will post images of before (right foot)/after (left).

Stay tuned!

FOLLOW-UP. . . By way of a follow-up--and closure--the replacement tire arrived today. Yes, it still has the release dimples, BUT the seat of bead to rim is PERFECT!
My only remaining question is: Why hasn't this issue surfaced on the forums? *:-? thinking  

PS - The Chassis Assembly (Step 1, A-G) is now complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment