12 February 2013

It ain't over 'til it's over -- AVLH

While I will not be competing or displaying at the Atlanta Show this weekend, I will be delivering two figures that were unveiled at last year's show that the patron was kind enough to let me keep until this year.

The White Ape of Barsoom was--and is!--a fait accompli. It looks even better than it did fresh off the bench last year! My interpretation of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, on the other hand, left something to be desired. Though a "good" piece of work, I did not feel that it met my standards. Fortunately, I was afforded the opportunity to address the shortcomings, as perceived by me, through the patron's generosity. 

And so I have. I have reworked the nose and the upper lip, and for the first time I can say that I truly do like what I see! Tomorrow, I will repaint the face and try to infuse a bit more life and depth to the subject. . . The face should be dry and the figure ready to be delivered to its owner on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Augie,

    I'm looking forward to seeing him in all his splendor as well as the Great White Ape. Thank you for all your conscientious work on them and everything you do!! Much appreciated my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so you shall, mon cher! You are most welcome!!

      The face--and the piece--is now finished. I'll give it a final once-over tomorrow afternoon, but I do believe it is now "done". . . finally!

      Have a great, safe journey tomorrow! The weather forecast looks perfect for a road trip.

      Talk witcha soon!

      Augie

      Delete