09 February 2013

Richard III, 22.08.1485

It has been nearly a week since THE announcement, and much has transpired. . .

Those of you who know me well know that there are but three Western [historical] subjects that would have any current undertaking come to screeching halt to make room for them: Jeanne d'Arc, Vlad III Ţepeş, and . . . Richard III of England! I have done 2-1 (2 sculpted + 1 designed) for both Jeanne and Vlad; but Richard is 0-1. . .

It is quite likely that we will soon see an outpouring of Wars of the Roses subjects, and I am guessing that the reason behind this rekindled interest will be at the fore. And I hope that I am at the fore of those undertaking a reconstruction in miniature of the last Plantagenet King. . .

It is my honour and distinct pleasure to announce that I have been given the green-light to proceed with the design and sculpture of a 1/8th scale rendition of Richard III of England as he might have appeared at the Battle of Bosworth. Some of you might recall that I had begun a 1/4 scale rendition some years ago; thus, most of the research is done, and has to be but vetted against the recent archaeological finds.

Additional details to follow as warranted. . .  

2 comments:

  1. Augie,

    This is most exciting news!! I can't wait to hear more about it and look forward to all the developments of this project. Like you Richard III is a subject near and dear to my heart!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guy!

      Many thanks!!! It is somewhat of a dream come true; and I am definitely glad I did not push-on with the 1/4 scale rendition. . . though in all honesty, I am pleased to say if was not that far off the mark.

      We'll see how it plays out, and if the sculpture is accepted for production. . .

      See ya soon!!!

      Augie

      Delete