17 February 2013

Steampunk Princess - CMON exclusive

This may or may not be a future project, as I do not have the bust in my possession; but I will say if the good folks at CMON would have had it on Friday evening, what follows would be but the preface to a full review. . .

There has been quite a bit of speculation as to the who, what, and where of the subject bust, and hopefully this post will go a ways to cast some light on the matter.

Steampunk Princess is a 1/9 scale bust, sculpted by Carlos Vaquero (theHYDRAFactory), based on the design by Björn Hurri. Hurri did a series of illustrations of Star Wars characters in a Steampunk guise that is absolutely brilliant; and his interpretation of Princess Leia is, IMO, one of the best. The bust was the Commemorative Show Figure for last year's La Fabrica Roja event, and as I understand it, it is a CMON exclusive on this side of the Pond.

I have not had a chance to discuss this with the gang at CMON, but Show Commemorative figures tend not to be "open" editions, so if you're interested, I would suggest acting soon--if not now!

No comments:

Post a Comment