27 April 2013

iM Frankenstein – Project Notes/TD List

Q: With the workbench clean and as dustfree as it has been in over 8 years, what is the first order of business?
A: Get to work and start generating new dust!

And that is precisely what I have done. . . 

I started a speculative TD List last weekend when I was informed that the kit was en route. I had already downloaded all the hi-res images of the 3D sculpt that I could find on-line, so I had a modicum of familiarity with the piece. And my speculations have been vindicated. . .
  • Delete arrow shafts - DONE ; fill in openings>>scarified - DONE
  • Delete crossbones - DONE 
  • Remove groin plate - DONE
  • Detail top skull with wire as in 3D design - DONE
  • Resurface plate as deemed necessary
  • ??? – Add suspension ring to back of L scabbard 
  • Add linings to poleyns - DONE
  • ??? Add buckle to L poleyn strap
  • Undercut and thin edges of plates as warranted  IN PROGRESS
  • Undercut/detail rivets as warranted  IN PROGRESS 
  • Remove fabric overhang from left leg - DONE ; rebuild edge of greave - DONE  
  • Define stitching around circumference of neck; extend where necessary
I will add to the TDL when warranted as the project unfolds. I don't believe there are too many mods remaining to be listed, but you never know.  

Back to the bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment