08 May 2013

Divio Juckal -- Painting (VII): Loping to the finish line. . .

I know this is a bit premature, but after today's work, I can now deem this piece [all-but-] DONE!!! And to hallmark the event, I have moved the thread  to the "Completed Projects" folder.

Aside from final finishing and detailing, all that truly remains is assembly and mounting. Barring any last-minute surprises, this should be accomplished over the weekend. That will then give me a couple of days of "digestion", and two days to correct any oversights. By Friday morning, he should be more than ready for registration. . .

Images will follow sometime after the Show, as I have yet to receive any response to my query re: pre-Show exposure. . .

UPDATE 11.05.2013. . . Juckal is now completely assembled, and permanently mounted on its display base. Once the epoxy has fully cured, I will begin the "final finishing"; but to be honest, save for "punching-up" the fur on the mane, detailing the hind claws, and glazing the eyes, this piece is display-ready. 

A most enjoyable fortnight or so. . .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Augie,

    I'm sure he looks just GRAND! I love this little piece . Can't wait to see him! Take care and have a GREAT show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, mon cher ami!

    I couldn't be happier with the way he turned out! I think--hope!--you will be well pleased.

    All I have to say is that I'm glad I wrapped him up this weekend, 'cause work this week has been a bear. . . So much so, that my proposed weekend plans may have to undergo some revisions. . . >:-(((

    Ah well. . .

    ReplyDelete