23 May 2013

The Rhino #2 - Preliminaries underway. . .

Hardly news, but with a long weekend coming up, thought I'd bring the readership up to date. . .

In my initial posting I mentioned that the new face was already roughed-in in SSF. Well, I have just finished baking the core face! I would say the face is about 60% done, with the detail work and final "landscaping" still before me.

I have also removed the legs at the hips, and am in the process of reposing the figure.

Finally, I spent some time with the groundwork this evening, using a section of Secret Weapon's 120mm (size, not scale!) round-lipped Urban Street. This company has some top-notch products, and their prices are more than competitive!!! If I had known about the scope of their groundwork selection, US$5.00 would have saved me about a week's worth of work on a recent project!

That's about it for now. Rest assured, more to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment