26 June 2013

Oberschütze Senfgas

Well, Q2 end has certainly lived up to the anticipated dread--and the worst is yet to come! Thus, as expected, very little production bench time has been/will be realized this week, but that doesn't mean that the bench is on "lock-down". I have had some very enjoyable chats this week with William Paquet, the creative genius behind Quarantine Studio's Dead Reich series, and that, along with the forthcoming--albeit limited--release (FINALLY!) of Frankenstein's Army got me thinking about the [Nazi] undead again, which in turn prompted me to return Oberschütze Senfgas (Private Mustard Gas), QS' second release in their DR series, back to the bench.

I picked up a very-limited pre-release version of this 1/4-scale bust back in November. What with year-end at work, the Holidays, etc. etc. etc., I barely did anything with it--or so I thought. As it turns out, given the quality of the casting, I had made considerable headway in the prepwork; so much so, that I am now about 70% through the pre-prime phase of the work!

If I decide to go with the stock piece, it should be ready for priming in relatively short order. BUT. . . I am considering modifying the left side of the gas mask. I am also thinking about how to enhance the "gross factor" with evidence of Herr Jünger being host by his own petard.

Lots of fun still to come. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment