06 July 2013

Holiday sidebar. . .

This in and of itself has very little to do with modelling--other than the fact that it indirectly put the kibosh on the anticipated bench time this weekend.

As I mentioned earlier, there were some high priority home repairs on the slate, the priority status due to the endless amount of rain we've had in the last week or so. Well, that was effectively accomplished on Wednesday, and while there is some finishing still to be done, it can wait until things are a bit less soggy.

Well, the rain wasn't going to let me/us get by that easily. This morning I was awakened by a booming thud; and I quickly realized there was no power in the house. I looked outside, and one of our Bradford Pear trees had decided to undergo meiosis--right unto the power, phone, and cable lines! The tree, while seemingly healthy, was obviously water-logged; so I assign this mishap to Mother Nature.

Nine hours later, things are somewhat back to normal--we have power and all the amenities back--but my lady and I are whipped! There is still the tree (half up, half down) to contend with, but that will hopefully be dealt with next week. In the meantime, this is a perfect instance to paraphrase Robbie Burns, "The best laid plans. . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment