28 September 2013

2013 Status Report -- [Early] Fall Update

As always, there are a lot of projects either underway or under consideration. And, in the spirit of absolute candor, ALL are currently being under-worked! For any number of reasons, the fast start of earlier this year has throttled back to a slow crawl. This just underscores two of life's old saws: "Best laid plans. . . "; and, "The road to Hell. . . "

It is what it is, and with the Atlanta Show less than 5 months away, it is time to objectively re-evaluate what is likely to be at the show--or not. This is my revised 2014 Show lineup:

1) "The Revenant" (Tombs of the Blind Dead) (Quarantine Studio bust, 1/4 scale)
2) The Rhino (Studio McVey, 65mm)

My erstwhile "2013 Project", Adrian Smith's Frankenstein (iM, 1/8th scale), has gone the way of its companion; i.e., sidelined. There is way too much work to be done to make this the stellar piece it can be, and I am less than inclined to approach a Tier-1 sculpture as a glorified Aurora kit--in spite of its design!

The only good thing about a "light schedule" is that it greatly reduces the likelihood of a year-end crunch with a mad-dash for the deadline to the Show. I was done jumping through those hoops last year--and that is one wagon I intend to stay on! If not for my mental health, then certainly for my physical. . . 

A~

No comments:

Post a Comment