21 September 2013

New piece

Things have been a bit topsy-turvy in my neck of the woods for a while now--and will continue to be so for at least another fortnight or so; thus, you might say I've been "distracted". But today, I stumbled upon an idea that has prompted me to break out a resin mannequin, and start generating some dust!

For those that might be keeping track, this will be my first original, ground-up sculpt in five years--and the first full-figure--assuming I complete it--in almost a decade!

While I will save the textual reveal until I am bit more into it, I will say that it will be in 135mm "scale" (my favourite working scale back in the day); and it will be a "humorous"/tongue-in-cheek horror/fantasy take on a beloved movie character. While I am prepared to sculpt the entire piece, I hope to be able to introduce some multi-media elements for heightened realism and textural depth.

So far, I am about 70% through the posing, and the mannequin has been mounted on its work base. I think I have about three or four major cuts remaining before I can begin to think about locking the pose. . . 

Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment