15 October 2013

Jessica -- Painting - INTRO: UC'ing

The flesh is now undercoated. This process was quite a revelation in and of itself, as for the very first time in my painting career, I was sorely tempted to complete the fleshtones solely in acryl- ics! I can certainly understand the appeal of the medium, especially in specific instances: in this case, mottled, 'undead" flesh.

I also uc'd the eyes and the teeth. As the eyes will be a multi-layered application, I will try to set the pupils/irises either tomorrow or Thursday.

I will also hopefully be able to apply a basecoat of oils in the next couple of days. That should have the "canvas" ready for mottling, etc. by the end of the week and the weekend.

More to follow. . . 

PS--As soon as I hear from Rin regarding the rules concerning "reveals" prior to the close of competition, I will begin to go into greater detail in my postings, as well as upload ip images--
or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment