19 January 2014

Blackbeard -- Prepwork I

As much as I've tried to resist, this figure simply demands attention!

The first thing that needs to be done is fine-tune the fit of the face to the head. This entirely depends on how "anal" the miniaturist might be about these things. . . and as most of you know, I am unapologetically off-the-scale when it comes to matters such as this. 

The issue to be addressed is the discontinuity of the beard with the hair and the underlying flesh: to me this is glaring. So Step 1 is to apply a thin sausage of MS around the perimeter of the contact surface of the face, brush on a layer of vaseline to both contact surfaces, and gently press into position, making any adjustments that might be necessary. Set aside to cure. Once cured, I will need to fill the void between beard and hair on the right side of the face (the gap on the left side was self-corrected in Step 1). 

This process also preps the face for the enhancement of the beard. I will definitely add facial hair and make the beard fuller, much as I did with the Ft. Duq offering. How much I will lengthen the beard--and hair!--is yet to be determined.

More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment