12 February 2014

ATLANTA 2014 CANCELLED!

I received this announcement from the Show Pre-Registration Chairperson a little before noon this morning:

For the first time in 37 years, with a great deal of disappointment and unhappiness, I am an- nouncing the cancellation of the AMFS/AMPS Atlanta Show for 2014. Until now, we have suc- cessfully dodged weather situations; but the current one, I feel, makes the cancellation neces- sary. While weather forecasts for the weekend are marvelous, the days leading up to it are uncer- tain and the very last thing we want is injury to our friends and/or damage to vehicles and perso- nal property.

All monies for pre-registrations/ vendor fees, etc... will be refunded as soon as possible.
 

We hope that everyone understands the need for this decision and will join us next year for the 2015 event.
 
David Oswalt, Show Chairman 


I am as disappointed as anybody, if for no other reason that I will have to wait yet another calen- dar cycle to see friends and colleagues whom I see but once a year at the Deep South's premier figure-modelling event!

That being said, I applaud the Show Chairman's decision! By mid-day Saturday, some people will be questioning his decision, but all I have to say is if you want to play Monday-morning QB, go watch a football game! This was an extremely difficult call--and, as I said, I'm glad it was made!

No comments:

Post a Comment