03 March 2014

Jon Snow -- Prepwork 4

The face is now all but done, and I dare say it is my best portraiture in the minor scales 
(< 90mm)  to date! 

With the doublet well on the home stretch, it was time to start working on the arms. These were too long by 1-2mm. Once I reduced the length of the forearms, I hollowed-out the cuffs of the gauntlets, and pegged the gauntlets to the forearms with 18ga. copper wire. This is still a work ip as I will now rebuild the ends of the forearms (MS) to fit into the cuffs.

Stay tuned!

PS--And to all the revelers along the Delta and wherever else Fat Tuesday is celebrated. . . a HAPPY MARDI GRAS!

Laissez les bons temps rouler, che'!!!

1 comment:

  1. The same to you my dear friend!! I'm going to just enjoy the ay off!! :-))

    Love to you and your lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete