27 April 2014

Sláine - Prepwork 1a

The left deltoid muscle has been roughed-in and the arm fitted: a new arm socket is now in place.

What follows will take me into uncharted waters. I need to have both arms attached in their final position semi-permanently to allow me to sculpt a new set of fingers on the left hand in situ. My plan is to use white glue, which can then [hopefully] be loosened by heat and peeled away. 

This is the major hurdle on this project. Once it is done, the rest of the project is just a matter of 'doing it'.

Stay tuned. . . 

FOLLOW-UP 28.04.2014. . . The arms were provisionally attached last night, and the fingers were roughed-in this afternoon. The figure is now in the oven curing: I will hopefully be able to start finishing the fingers this evening. Time to go load a new #12 in the handle. . . 

FOLLOW-UP. . . While I did not have the opportunity to begin final finishing, preliminary indi- cations are very positive indeed. There are a few areas I will need to touch-up--in addition to adding the thumb--but for the time being I am very encouraged. . . More to follow. . .   

UPDATE 29.04.2014. . . SUCCESS!!! The fingers--including the thumb!--are all but done, and the arms have been removed without incident. Part 2 of the stage is now underway: reconfiguring the musculature of the left arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment