24 May 2014

Judge Death - Prepwork 2a

I am now a little over 50% done with basic clean-up, and it is time to begin delving into the minor mods that I need to execute to have the figure meet my requirements.

First up is the removal of the zipper and the badge chain. The Dark Judges each personalized their "robes of office" to taste: amongst other, more obvious, deviations, Death replaced the zipper of the jumpsuit with lacing/"stitches"; and removed the badge chain altogether. While details such as these might vary according to the artist, the above two are surprisingly consistent throughout, and thus may be taken as canon.

Secondly, I have begun to reanimate the left hand to suit my purposes. This is relatively minor work, but delicate nonetheless.

Stay tuned. . .

UPDATE. . . The head is now permanently attached and both pauldrons have undergone their final fitting. The eyelets for the "stitches" have been tapped and cleaned. NEXT: The stitching. . .

UPDATE (2). . . The "stitches" (MS) are now in place, and curing in the oven. Back to clean-up!

UPDATE (3). . . Didn't get quite as far as I had planned today, but I hadn't factored-in the mods-- or the bit of repair work required by a fragile pterodactyl leg (right pauldron)! This is not a slam on the design OR the casting: just be careful and make sure you know where the legs-and the tail!- are at all times when you are handling the piece. I am anticipating being caught-up by mid-day tomorrow. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment