02 May 2014

Sláine - Prepwork 2

The right arm has been permanently attached. I will hopefully be able to "finish" it sometime over the weekend. Work on the left arm continues. . .

I have also roughed in the fringe of the "plaid". This will probably need additional tweaks before sculpting can begin.

All in all, I am delighted with the progress. Even with the little disposable time available to me these days, this project may be ready for priming by the end of the month. . . 

UPDATE 03.05.2014. . . A very eventful--and productive!--late night/early morning. Late last night, I began the fitting of the mantle/"plaid": it has a very unnatural, gravity-defying drape that needs to be addressed. However, one must also take into consideration that the "plaid' will not fit over an attached head (i.e., one must first attach the "plaid" before proceeding with the head). So, I de- cided to break-off the right "collar" of the "plaid". Now, the head is permanently attached, and the "plaid" simply slides into place. Once everything is painted, I will then reattach the right "collar", and simply re-texture the fur. Perfection! 

I have also pegged the figure and mounted it on its work base. Graphic update to follow soon. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment