09 May 2014

The "Red Viper" -- Prep 1 and TDL

I think--HOPE!--most of the grinding has been completed. I removed all the mail save for the right upper arm; the hanging portion of the turban; and the ventail. I also filled-in the slot for the nasal, as the latter will not be used. I hope that most of the "prepwork" will be completed in the next fortnight; then I can begin the re-constructiive phase of the prep.

My design is very "fluid" at this point. As of this writing, I intend to:
  • Add a surcoat.
  • Convert the helmet to a stylized celata.
  • Add a movable, hinged upper bevor [11.05.14 - I have roughed-in the extension of the helmet in clay to convert it to a stylized celata. The lines and flow of the helmet as they stand do not warrant the addition of a visor/bevor.]
  • Add a fore-crest.
  • Add a ring fibula/brooch.
  • Possibly add a 'standard' [A superfluous addition given the dimensions of the modified helmet.]
  • Rework the face -- primarily the nose.
  • Rework the mantle.
More to follow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment