14 June 2014

Tyrion -- Painting (II): Doublet & Fur

As this will probably be the last weekend where I will have any amount of dedicated time to myself at least through mid-July, it was time to get some projects to a watershed stage.  .  .

I decided to start with Tyrion. Not only is he the furthest along, but tomorrow is the season finale of GoT. I painted what is visible of his arming doublet late last night, using tonal variations of Indian Red, which is a near perfect match. The tonal variations were effected with Pthalo and Prussian Blue, and Mars Black. I also primed the fur mantle.

This evening, I stained the underside of the mantle (no UC--directly onto primer), waited an hour, and then permanently attached the mantle to the bust. I then applied foundation washes to the fur (again directly on the primed surface). 

Tomorrow, I will hopefully have the opportunity to complete the assembly of the bust, and undercoat the face, and. . . well, let's see how far I get.

UPDATE 15.06.2014. . . The bust is now completely assembled.

FOLLOW-UP. . . UC'ing has been completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment