19 August 2014

Judge Death - Painting: Intermezzo

It is damn hard to believe that it has been three(!) weeks since I've even looked at Hisssssssss Honor!!! Well, that simply will not do! I hope to have Death in the cabinet by the end of the Labor Day weekend; but in the meantime, I still have to get past the elbow guards!

In the meantime, it's time to re-familiarize myself with the piece--especially since the oils are now essentially as dry as they are going to get. And the way I prefer to get the re-familiarization up to speed is by outlining and spot-staining (i.e., feathered deep shadows). So now, the groundwork is finally done; and the outlining is all-but-done. 

I should be able to start working my way through the dismembered digits in the next day or so... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment