10 September 2014

Sinthea Schmidt (fka Diane Tianseen)

I was surfin' some manufacturers' sites the other day, when I ran across Diane Tianseen on Scale 75's website. This is their fifth offering in their Fallen Frontiers range, and was released earlier this year in May. 

Designed by Adrian Prado and sculpted by Alfonso Prieto, the 75mm kit is comprised of 13 exquisitely cast white-metal pieces (+ plinth). I can say with nary a reservation that this is the best white-metal casting I have seen come out of Spain in longer than I care to remember! My only criticism is that the trailing edges of the greatcoat tails (2 pieces) are inordinately thick. I can certainly understand why they chose to take this approach, but be prepared to spend some time with file or grinder to thin these out--if you are so inclined. 'Nuff said.

So what prompted me to get a futuristic, Nazi-esque Kriegerfräulein? Glad you asked! Sin (née Sinthea Schmidt) is one of my favorite Marvel supervillains. I won't bore you with the details--suffice it to say that she is the daughter of none other than Johann Schmidt, the Red Skull!

As for what is to come. . . stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment