07 September 2014

Thanos - Prepwork (4a): Infinity Gauntlet, phase 1

It's been a rough couple of weeks, and any accumulated momentum was at a critically low ebb. So I decided to simply park myself at the bench and not move until I had something to show for the time--and effort!--spent.

That "something" was the first phase of the Infinity Gauntlet. As of this writing, the settings for the gems have all been roughed-in, as has the metallic trim of the gauntlet's cuff. While still remaining to be finished, I am quite pleased with the overall look; to say nothing of the relative ease of the process!

As to the assembly of the "Titan", I have decided to wait until all the enhancements on the gaunt- lets and boots are done before finalizing assembly: it is simply more manageable this way--and less likely to result in any unforeseen damage to the castings: remember, these are cast in a lead alloy and are comparatively 'soft'.

No comments:

Post a Comment