07 October 2014

???????

Yes, the onslaught at work continues. And yes, any major strides at the bench have hit a brick wall. That being said, it does not mean that a significant amount of activity has not been under- way since the weekend. The question is. . . on what?!

And, regrettably, at this time I am not free to elaborate, much less reveal. Let me just say that a most generous bit of 'lagniappe' made it's way across the Pond after this year's Euro, and I have before me an OEM casting of a yet-to-be-announced release!

The casting is as perfect as I have seen this year! Every one of the 10 pieces comprising this kit (including the logo'd base) is virtually good to go. This does not mean there are no seam lines: they're there, but you HAVE to look for them.

This is as good as it gets! And the icing on the cake is that it's a very attractive figure to boot! Let me put this way. . . it's an experienced painter's dream, but it is a figure that I would not hesitate to recommend to a beginner--or use in a painting class!

As soon as I get the "all clear" from the manufacturer, I will post more; but for now, I hope I have piqued your interest!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment