06 December 2014

Let the 'labor pains' begin. . . Prepwork

While I stand by my original statement re: clean-up, it is never that easy. . . not if you want to do it right. 

To date, I have cleaned up and polished the outer seam lines. These were quite light, and the process went quickly. The inner seam lines are equally as light; however, their relatively limited access, along with the in situ details (mainly dragon extremities), demand--require!--a prudent approach. HASTE MAKES WASTE!!!

I have also completed modification of the groundwork. The groundwork looks like a typical camp- fire: a bare patch of sandy soil encircled by a ring of stones and pieces of wood. While conveying the essence and mood of the depicted scene, it is decidedly inaccurate, to say nothing of confin- ing. So I removed the border ring, leaving me a textured plinth with the foot openings intact. It is the latter that are critical to preserve, as I am not in the mood to carefully drill peg holes past the delicate ankles--or deal with the probable consequences!

Finally, I have begun detailing the dragons. My main focus has been on Drogon: I have sculpted eyes, redefined the snout, and begun thinning the wings. 

More to follow!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment