03 January 2015

Looking ahead in 2015. . .

. . . Or not. . . 

Traditionally, I have posted a list of projects scheduled to-be-completed for the upcoming Show in February; and a slate of potential projects that I intended to tackle during the course of the modelling year. 

This year, I have decided to fly (paint?) by the seat of my pants; i.e., no "flight plan"! Part of this is due to the vicissitudes of work; but a not insignificant reason is the nature of the hobby in 2015: I am simply not enjoying what it has become in this day and age. 

I still enjoy the creative process, and I cherish the time I spend at the bench, whether it is spent generating dust and shavings, or slinging paint. But for the first time, there is a real sense of disenfranchisement, to say nothing of a disquieting and pervasive banality. Addio fraternità!

We'll see how the year unfolds. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment