15 February 2015

"Mean Machine" Angel - Reboot. . .

I already have two entries ready for the next DWC painting comp, but I've never liked an even- number of entries in any "show". So. . . after careful consideration of the projected disposable time in the weeks to come--and definitely taking into account the fact that there will be a Quarter end to be reckoned with at work--I decided to pull "Mean Machine" Angel onto a front-burner and get to work!

As per my last posting over 6 months ago (almost 7 months to the day, in fact), the majority of the prepwork has already been done, with the final fitting to the groundwork to be done by the end of the long weekend. What will then remain to be done is the detailing and tweaking of the stock castings to suit my vision of the piece.

Considerable headway was made today, and my plans are to have the figure on the painting bench by the end of the month. We'll see. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment