22 March 2015

Judge Mortis - Prepwork

The dreaded Judge Mortis has won out!

Mortis has been pegged (as always, proceed slowly and ever-so carefully to get past the spindly ankles) and mounted on its work base. AND. . . the two-piece tail has been assembled.

The prepwork on the whole is largely unremarkable: simply a matter of carefully cleaning the elu- sive seam lines. Once you find them, I would suggest rubbing some powdered graphite along their entire length as a static reveal. Most of the prepwork will be focused on the skeletal ptero- saur right pauldron--but more on this when the time comes. . .

Insofar as what might lie ahead, I hope I don't disappoint when I say that this one will be built essentially straight OOB. I might distress a few areas to reveal the underlying decay; but other than that, I anticipate a relatively brief stay on the workbench for Death's right-hand [Dark] Judge.

Stay tuned. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment