10 March 2015

"Mean Machine" Angel - Painting: Dial 2 -- Metallics, pt. 2: The Arm

The  cybernetic arm [right] is now underway. So far, this has been a very interesting undertaking-- and I am less than 40% into it! To date, I have applied the Dark Iron and Iron, while enhancing the distressed areas with washes of Mars Black and Burnt Umber just to warm things up a bit. While I am quite pleased with the progress to-date, the next steps will determine how close I am to my goals--especially as I will be introducing the blues and the foundational weathering in the next phase. 

Stay tuned. . .   

UPDATE 12.03.2015. . . I am delighted to report that I am VERY close to my vision for the arm. The metallics are, in effect, done; AND I have begun the staining and weathering in earnest, as well as beginning the reassembly of the various enhancing addenda. I would say that the arm is now ~70% done: my goal is to have it all-but-done by the end of the weekend.

More to follow! 

UPDATE 14.03.2015. . . The arm has been permanently attached. I hope to have it fully assem- bled with all elements painted by the end of the weekend. DONE!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment