14 November 2015

Hammerstein - Painting: ALL-BUT-DONE!!!

I guess I was closer than previously thought. . .  After a very productive day, Hammerstein can be officially deemed ALL-BUT-DONE!

The two remaining items to be done are: 1) the eyes and laser; and 2) the groundwork. Neither will be all that time-consuming, but #1 will certainly be stressful. I will start with the shoulder-mounted laser and then move on to the eyes. Once these are done, final detailing and weathering will commence.

Depending on how smoothly things go, this one should be off the bench by month's end. . .

A parting shot, if I may. . . I am almost sorry to see this project come to an end. As with all of my DWC projects, this represents one of my most enjoyable modelling projects ever! And this one may be at the top of the list due to the fact that it prompted a long-overdue reunion with the Mr. Metal lacquers. Hammerstein will definitely have a very special place in my collection. . . 

ALMOST THERE!

UPDATE 15.11.15. . . LET THE FINAL DETAILING AND WEATHERING BEGIN!!!

FOLLOW-UP 16.11.15. . . Things are moving right along. While the amount of outlining, etc. is considerable, as you might imagine, I'm more concerned with overlooking something. Assuming a semblance of normalcy is to be had from work, I hope to finish the figure itself by mid-week, and the groundwork over the weekend. Photo session targeted for Turkey Day weekend, even though I will have to work Friday. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment