25 November 2015

The Return of Dredd: DWC’s Judge Dredd on his Mk1 Lawmaster

Hard to believe that it has been well over a year since I last fiddled with the subject kit!

After dealing with the ultimate alphabetical mek, I was in the mood to do more machinery. . . So out came Judge Dredd on his Mk1 Lawmaster. 

As per usual, I had forgotten how much I'd done before "packing" him up! Two-thirds of the Law- master is in the finishing stages, and I have but the rear third to assemble before I can start considering the integration of the three subassemblies.

So far, so good. To date, assembly has been fairly straightforward, though the fact that your assembly medium will be "superglue" will require a measured approach. Work slowly--and only apply the glue when you are absolutely ready to proceed--and commit!

My goal is to have the rear third of the bike assembled and filled within the fortnight. . . certainly by year end! Then I can start final finishing and begin to execute my detailing plans, which conti- nue to to grow!!

So much for the re-introduction. I will not be surprised if this one makes at least one more detour to the storage rack before priming is considered. But by then, the star of this piece, the bike, should be [all but] done!
 
When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment