19 March 2016

Deadpool (cont. 2)

The TDL has been expanded considerably. . . And by that I mean that there will be extensive resculpting undertaken before I can even begin to think about moving this figure off the work- bench! In short, I am talking about. . . a resculpt!

Allow me to elaborate. . . To begin with, the figure is roughly "ideal"-ly proportioned (8 heads), pushing the "heroic" (8 1/2 - 9 heads) to accommodate the massive upper body and the longer legs. As you all know, I am a proportional purist/realist, so the overall height of the figure will 
have to be reduced. BUT. . . that also means that the disproportionate muscularity of the torso and arms will also have to be reduced--considerably!

The legs have already been reduced, adjusting the proportions to a more "normal" range. I have yet to "fix" the legs, though I have determined that, for my purposes, the ideal height for this fig- ure should be 115mm +/- to the eyes, some 5mm (~13/64") shorter than provided. I have also removed and tentatively repositioned the head. . .

And so it begins. . . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment