24 May 2016

Jon Snow - Prepwork: Conclusion. . . POTHOLE!

As I was finishing the underside of the bust (i.e., the finish line in sight!), I paused for a moment to finalize the fit of the head to the bust when something struck me as being . . . well. . . "off". Opening my reference folder, it was immediately obvious! I had overlooked the standing collar of Jon Snow's doublet/jerkin? for this iteration!!

Adding a mandarin collar is not difficult, but it will slow things down--especially as the head will have to be refitted. Completion is still slated for this coming weekend, but I don't know if the bust will be primed before month end. . . 

Stay tuned. . . 

PS - The absence of the standing collar confirms that the stock casting represents a pre- induction Jon Snow with the wolf-skin collared cape. 

UPDATE 25.05.16. . . The mandarin collar has been roughed-in and the head refitted. Almost back on track. . . !!! 

UPDATE 26.05.16. . . The mandarin collar is DONE!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment