20 September 2016

Lady Deadpool - Prepwork I

In spite of the manufacturer-supplied obstacles, I am rarin' to go on this project!

To start off with, I "immersed" myself in the figure by careful removal of the ventral webbing on the torso and the waist belt. This confirmed a suspicion I had regarding the 'separatist' nature of the bodice, and I thus resculpted the breasts to bring them more in line with the character.

Next, I permanently attached the right leg. This is a critical step that needs to be taken slowly and with the utmost patience, especially as the all-too-shallow key is little help in positioning the leg.  

Then, I tentatively fitted the pistol to her right thigh. Fit was compromised by the expected cast- ing distortion/s, and--again--an all-too-shallow key. 

Finally, I got the ol' girl up on her feet! First I bulked-up the severely s-a-s'd ankles and roughed-in the boots to replace the tabi. I then pegged the figure using 18ga. copper wire. Since she is walking on the balls of her feet, this required 'dog-legging' the wire down the arch of the foot. 

She is now mounted on her work base!

 UPDATE 21.09.16. . . I tentatively fitted and pegged the optional head today. The main head is what we usually see--oriental features and coiffure, hood bundled at the neckline. The optional head is masked and wearing a skullcap:


I opted for the latter since I decided to depict Lady Deadpool fully masked. Final fitting, etc. will be done over the next few days.

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment