14 September 2016

TKS' Ninja Lady

Over the weekend, I stumbled upon CMON's clearance sale: there's something for everyone at very enticing--and generous!--prices

I have been hyper-critical of prospective acquisitions for quite some time now (bang for the buck AND likelihood of completion AND hedging against inflation/availability), but when I stumbled upon Terrible Kid Stuff's 75mm Ninja Lady, there was nothing to do but buy it!

This piece is--was!--a limited edition of 130 issues that has been closed (read: sold out) for some time now. I was sorely tempted to buy her when she was first released: she is, in a word, BRILLI- ANT!!! Sculpted by Joaquín Palacios, the only unanswered question revolves around the quality of the casting. . .

Full review to follow upon receipt; but in the meantime, what I propose to do with her. The boxart, by Fabrizio Russo, is inspiring--check the subtle camo pattern on the leathers! If memory serves, I originally thought to do her as either Black Widow or Domino. That was then. . . What prompted me to purchase this piece at this time were the pair of katana the kunoichi is wielding.

This beauty will be rendered as ... Lady Deadpool! Admittedly, a hyper-realistic Lady Deadpool, but. . . why not? This is my project TDL to date:


Stay tuned. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment