02 January 2017

"Die Fledermaus"--Prepwork I (cont. #3)

It's been over three weeks since my last posting re: "Die Fledermaus". While I was hoping that she would be at the very least undercoated by the New Year, it wasn't meant to be. . .

That being said, the surface prepwork of the body is now all-but-done! I still have to finish the prepwork on the arms, the head, and the Geschwaderstock, but I expect the body and the right arm, at the very least, will be primed--and on the painting bench!--by next weekend. 

And with two new Luftkrieg 1919 1/32nd scale figures en route, not a moment too soon. . .   

FOLLOW-UP 03.01.17. . . I have tweaked the fit of the right arm, and have remodeled the left cuff of the ulanka as a Polish cuff per the original. Almost there!
  
When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment