08 January 2017

Mista' J - Prepwork . . . hmmm. . . oh yeah, IV

When we last left off, nearly 5(!) months ago, I had just completed the Phase 1 work-up on the love of Mista J's life, Harley Quinn. . . or. more accurately. Harley Quinn-in-the-Box. I'd like to have the project off the workbench by month's end, so it's time to start finalizing some aspects of the Joker.

I decided that the fit of the torso to the legs needed tweaking. More to the point, the Joker need- ed butt "implants". Easy enough! The disconcerting dead-air (or gravity-defying tails) is/are no more!!

This should have been a preamble for what was to follow. . . You are hard-pressed to see any completed Joker with the same arm positions/shoulder seams: this is where the kit's parentage reveals itself--and quits "playing nice"! 

The fit of the arms is, at best, imprecise--and I'm being kind! To make matters worse, depending on your paint scheme, the arms will have to be left off until the torso is painted. So once again we are faced with finishing KM's work for them! I won't bore you with the details, but the arms are now positively fitted and filled, and work can continue. . .  (nb: if you would like to know what I did, post your request in the Comments and I will be happy to oblige.)

With the arms fitted (and pegged!), I can now resume the final clean-up and finishing before prim- ing. . . Stay tuned!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment