23 January 2017

"The Night Witch"--Pre-prep Planning

It is time to lay-out the strategy for what is to come. . .

Interactive subjects are as frustrating as they are appealing! I would not change a thing on this piece--but that doesn't make ensuring that the rudder is a positive, secure, albeit natural, fit to the arm any easier. . .

The rudder, in my example at least, is just a tad short for the position of the arm. The easiest way to address this is to build up some groundwork for it to rest on that will make up the size difference. And, in effect, that is what I intend to do; however, doing this with a fully painted figure and rudder is probably not such a good idea. . .

What I have decided to do is model the groundwork first, and then affix the figure permanently to the base. Once it is fixed in position, I can then manipulate the location of the rudder to my satis- faction. The rudder will not be permanently attached until it--and the figure!--are both completely done. Yes, that means that I will be painting my Night Witch upon her display base! 

I will hopefully have her on the painting bench by the end of the month. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment