18 April 2017

Hptm. Walther Karjus--Painting II: Tunic

Taking advantage of the PG base mix I used to paint the breeches, I tackled the tunic this after- noon. I decided to paint the tunic in my favorite tint of Feldgrau: that with a distinct green bias. Not the WWII green undertone, but more at a dark-ish grigio-verde

My target hue was easily achieved adding Chrome Green Oxide to the PG base mix, and "level- ing" out the colour with Liquitex Parchment. While the tunic is now essentially done, this is definitely a Phase I application: I will punch-up the shadows, highlights, and details once the foundation is dry.

I intend to let the oils settle for the next few days while I play catch-up with the left "forearm": gauntlet and flight helmet. But, before closing, the leggings (see here) are now done!

Movin' right along. . .  

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment