05 May 2017

Shadowcat & friend

I've been spending some time of late reviewing my short list--and growing ever shorter!--of favour- ite manufacturers to make sure that I have not overlooked any "gem" that I might ultimately want in my collection. I was doing pretty well until I ran into Nocturna's Enchantment (AK-02). . .

However attractive it might be, I have no interest whatsoever in doing the figure OOB. But as the basis for a conversion to Shadowcat, the X-Men's Katherine "Kitty" Pryde with her friend and companion Lockheed? MOST definitely!

My sample of this figure is one of the best castings I have ever seen! Was it perfect? No--there are a small number of clearly defined and easily filled air bubbles that are quite logical with respect to their location; and one notable, but largely inconspicuous, mold shift. Nonetheless,  the overall quality of the casting and the medium is, in a word, EXCEPTIONAL!

The figure is comprised of 9 pieces + groundwork. In something that is quite rare for me, if not a novelty, I intend to use every piece provided in some fashion or another.

As to which version of Shadowcat I intend to depict, I originally set out to do her in her original X-Men costume with cowl; but upon receipt off the casting, I decided I would do her in her blue, Excalibur costume.

More to follow. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment