22 June 2017

The Joker "TwE" - Prepwork

The project has begun!

The first thing I did was carefully cut-off the head, which is molded en suite. This is not hard to do, especially given the durometer of the resin; but it is not something to rush into. Decide how best to cut to minimize the work that will follow. 

Next, I hollowed the neck opening. This will accommodate the neck that will be sculpted after the conversion of the face is all-but-done.

So much for the torso. Time to embark on the journey that will be the face/head. I am all-but-certain that the face/head can be converted from the stock head. My first step was to roughly sketch the salient features to get an idea of where to begin cutting. I decided to begin by reduc- ing the lower lip in its entirety; and then augmenting the left cheekbone and enhancing the chin and the mandibular insertion of the masseter muscle with MS.  The additions were intended more as roughing-in structure and volume than any formal resculpting.

So far, it's unfolding quite nicely. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment