25 August 2017

Lady Stoneheart - Prepwork: Intro

As is my wont, involved projects usually find me diving right in, if only to undergo "deep immer- sion familiarization" with the casting and--most importantly--with what lies ahead.

So. . . I immediately broke out the the motor-tools, and started removing the excess material that would be superfluous on Lady Stoneheart. I also addressed the minimal seam-lines--and widened the more-than-anticipated peripheral air-holes: this was obviously a later casting.

Next, I tapped a 1/8"d. hole for the supporting rod (tin solder), and filled-in the air voids. I then roughed-in the pedestal around the supporting rod with MS.

Finally, I indulged in some free-hand "motor-sketching". This is where I take the motor-tool and start lightly carving into the base sculpture. In this session I started working on the pleats and texture of what will be the chemise.

Good start!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment