09 March 2018

Che - Painting: Hair and Beret

This is effectively the "home stretch" posting. . . 

I have just completed Phase 1+ of the hair, using Mars Black, Ivory Black, and a proprietary mix of Raw Umber and French Ultramarine Blue. I have also glazed the eyes, and started "finishing touch-ups" on the face and flesh. 

I hope to be able to finalize the hair tomorrow, and proceed with the beret. If I can accomplish that this weekend, this piece will be in the cabinet by next weekend! 

FOLLOW-UP 10.03.2018. . . Save for the Comandante's star, the bust is now effectively DONE! The time has come to start tying-off the loose-ends that remain. . . UPDATE. . . The star is now done! I decided to tackle this in NMM, taking advantage of the sharply-defined planes of the insignia. I may hit the super-highlights/ridges with printers' ink once dry, but I will make that call when the time comes. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment