15 July 2018

Kilowog -- Painting: Intermezzo I

With the figure undercoated, I strongly considered breaking out the oils, but I have yet to finalize the painting strategy given the size and weight of the subject. So, I returned to the workbench to work on the power ring.

The source of everything Green is given laughable short-shrift in the figure. If one wants to "con- vert" this to a "collectible figurine" (as opposed to a collectible pre-paint) then the matter of the power ring is a non-negotiable aspect of the restoration.

I roughed-in the emblem of the ring with MS, and then proceeded to carve it to shape. Once the emblem was a-b-d, I then finished the edges, and carefully restored the band. The gauntlet unit is now curing in the oven. 

Once cured, all that remains is final finishing; a final once over, and priming. . . 

Stay tuned! 

UPDATE 22.07.2018. . . The power ring and gauntlet unit have been finished and primed.

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment