21 January 2019

"Rommel's Rod" redux - Prep 1

I was hoping to take advantage of the long weekend to make significant inroads on the M7B2 conversion; but, alas, "the best laid plans. . . " and all that. . . This has not been a good year insofar as ordering--and timely delivery!--goes, and I don't need to be told twice that it's best to start seriously curtailing acquisitions. . .

So with the DAK SPG impatiently waiting in the wings, I turned my attention to the " 'Rommel's Rod' redux" project., which I have tentatively titled, "GEIST". I am using Dragon's Sd.Kfz. 250/3 'Greif' (#6125) as the base kit, and I am now about halfway through the basic assembly--not including the tracks. This is a beautiful little kit, arguably a bit over-engineered, that is hands-down better than any kit of this subject to date. Its lineage is a bit convoluted, but it's best not to get into that if your sanity is of any concern. . .  

I am building this one straight OOB. Changes, mods, etc. will be limited to leaving parts off--not modifying or enhancing beyond what is provided. That aspect of the project will define the finish- ing of the model, and the conversion of the Warriors 1/35 scale Skeletons into the otherworldly Rommel--and driver?

Movin' right along. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment