20 July 2019

Jon Snow -- Prepwork 6: Finishing

While I am anxiously awaiting the release of ICM's The Great Other, I will spend the next 4-6(?) weeks working on the Jon Snow and Ghost vignette. . . 

The project's finishing continues. . . Today, I reworked the right arm's attachment to the body; and the join of the fabric portion of the cloak to its fur collar--I anticipate completion by tomor- row. Once that is done, I can begin to work on the detailing and final finishing of the scabbard. . . 

Given the "layers" to this figure, there will be a considerable amount of assembly and finishing executed in the course of painting. As of this writing, the 1) right arm, 2) cloak, 3) Longclaw, 
4) dagger, and 5) scabbard will be partially painted off the figure before attaching and finishing, with final painting conducted in situ.

More to follow. . .

27.07.2019--The prepwork putty-work is all-but-done! A few minor tweaks here and there remain, and of course, the scabbard, but otherwise I am pretty close to moving on. Today has been spent touching-up and final-scaling the boots, and surface-finishing the cloak. 

28.07.2019--Today, I intend to finish the lower-half of the body, namely the gambeson. Once that is done to my satisfaction, I can proceed to the wrap-up of the figure/project. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment